This game has been haunting me for years now. I can't find it anywhere. I've googled so many things and details but I can't find a single clue. so this is my last hope...
I played this game on my family's computer when I was a young kid. It was on a CD. I was born in 1993 so I played it when I was a bit older I gues but I have no idea how old the game already was by then. I am also from Belgium but I don’t know if that matters.
Here's everything I remember from it:
- I believe it was kind of a point and click game because I remember having to click around on things and it telling you stuff about them. I think there was also a lot of stuff you could click on that told you things that didn't realy matter?
- Main character was a young boy? maybe? unsure.
- I don't think it was a 3rd person view. I believe you didn't see the main character often, though I might be wrong.
- I am unsure if it was 2D or 3D, maybe a bit of a mix?
- I remember it being dark and kinda dirty looking.
- I think it took place on a ship maybe? Like a pirate ship or something. At the beginning of the game you went through rooms and towards the end I think you were on the deck.
- At the start somewhere you had to like lift a bed or something and there was a minigame where you had to squash cockroaches or bugs or something against a timer in order to advance.
- A part where you had to zipline over something, a hole maybe?
- A place with big rotting meat slabs hanging from hooks with flies around it.
- A kitchen where you had to mix some goopy colored stuff into the right colors I think? In the kitchen there was also 3 mugs (?) with faces. and when you clicked on them they each sang a different tune on repeat, till you clicked them again. so you could make them sing together or separately. This part I remember really well, the stupid little tune they sang, because I remember thinking it was funny as a child.
- A minigame on the ship deck (?) where you had to shoot a bar of soap from a cannon into a bucket. But the bucket was on a rope and you had to try and get it in the bucket by trying to get the bucket to the right height vertically and angling the cannon JUST right. This part was like a side view of the thing, and you could only move the bucket up and down and change the cannon's angle. (I remember this part taking a while)
- I think the ending was a battle maybe? I remember skeleton pirates you had to shoot in a little shooting minigame where they appeared from different places on the screen and you had to click them in time I think?
- I also remember having to climb the ship’s mast.
This is all I remember I think. The longer ago, the more I wonder if my memories are 100% correct, so take this with a grain of salt I guess.
Fingers crossed someone out there sees this and knows what this is. I really want to see it again.