Young adult trilogy about a group of kids/teens go on various adventures to take down a secret program that wipes memories of donor bodies and replaces them with the memories/consciousness of rich people with dying/disabled bodies.
- Some of the characters:
- West, a semi-cyborg who works security for the bad guys
- Shade, one of the protagonists, sister of one of the other protagonists
- There's quite a bit about these electrodes implanted in the heads of some of the participants of the program
- Here's one scene I remember quite well: the protagonists find a rich senator who is partaking in the program, and they capture video of her head with a bunch of "terminals" for wires to go into. She ends up visiting the doctor in charge of the program and he removes the terminals. Then, at a press meet, someone demands she takes off her wig, and she does, "revealing" that she has cancer, discrediting the teens.
- Another thing I remember: the first book in the series starts with a group of animal activists who break into a biotech company's lab and rescue mice and a cyborg dog
I've scoured Google and Google books, but I can't seem to find it.