Need help finding a title of an anime I watched many years ago. It must have been pre 2000. I remember parts of the story.
Started with a few pilots (maybe 4-5), cockpit looked very similar to Star Trek style control room; everyone sat inside, no fighter plane style cockpits. Robot did not split.
Initially it was on something like a large station on a planet surface, Then was launched into space. During the show it constantly fought enemy smaller spaceships by keeping fists out and they crashed into it (fists forward like Superman form)
At some point it fought with another robot in space, pulled out something like an axe and killed the other one.
Gets captured at some point, pilots locked in prison, somehow they escape, find the robot and fly out.
The look of the mecha was very very similar to old and even original Gundam shows when I searched online but none matched this.
- It was definitly japanese style of anime
- Watched it on VHS tapes in Russia
- Unsure of the language (I only remember that I did not understand the language)
- Set mostly in outer space
- Target Audience; I would estimate young children, I must have been 4-6 years old at the time