I would have absolutely sworn that this was an episode from Star Trek: Voyager. However, I've just finished re-watching the entirety of Voyager, and the episode didn't happen! Either I managed to inadvertently skip over an episode, or it wasn't Voyager after all.
So details come in two parts:
- Bits that I'm "certain" of having existed which aren't absolutely tied to Voyager,
- Bits that I thought existed and do tie to Voyager specifically.
Series Context: Something that involves the standard weekly cast regularly meeting aliens.
- The cast meet a new, and broadly-friendly species.
- One (male) cast member gets particularly friendly with a female-equivalent member of the other species.
- The "female" alien invites the male cast member back to her room/quarters/etc. and then invites them to do a shared meditation/psychic link thing, in private.
- To the viewer it appears as a fake-out.... "Oh, they're going to have sex! Oh, no, they're just doing a some-what romantic meditation/link thing."
- The cast and the new species go their separate ways.
- Some time later... the male cast member starts to get weird symptoms and develops nipples on his forearm.
- The cast go back and find the aliens.
- It turns out that the meditation thing was (alien) sex, and the female alien assumed that they'd be biologically incompatible.
- Shockingly, by the end of the episode everything has been sorted out, and it never comes up again.
- The "cast" in this case would be the Voyager's crew.
- I would have said the male cast member was either Tom Paris or Harry Kim.
- The aliens are another species on another starship.