All I can remember is:
- The show is live action
- The protagonist is a child (between 12 and 15 perhaps?)
- The android is a cleaning robot that became sentient
- The boy's parents have lost ownership of the hotel (?)
- The hotel is now run by a woman who reminds me of Dolores Umbridge
- The android says, seemingly earnestly, 'Frosty!' instead of 'Cool!' because 'Frosty is a lower temperature' or 'Frosty is colder than cool' (not an exact quote).
- The android reminded me of Kryten from Red Dwarf.
I watched it in either the 90s or early 2000s, and I believe this was on the BBC, but I could be wrong. The hotel may have been in Scotland?