I am trying to identify a movie I saw as a child in the late 1980's.
- The movie is in French, and takes place in the modern world (1970's or 1980's)
- The bad guy was a French helicopter pilot during the wars in the French Indochina, where he was shot down and his copilot was killed.
- He was shot down near an ancient temple that houses alien technology.
- In the modern day, the good guys travel to the temple and find the helicopter's wreckage with the remains of the copilot
- In the temple, there is a long hallway with a high ceiling and tall statues on both sides. The statues shoot laser beams from their eyes down on anyone trying to pass them in the hallway
- The good guys use a heavy metal door from the temple and carry it above their heads as a shield from the lasers. By the end of the hallway, the door is cut in half.
- The temple stores a large metal jar of some alien liquid.
- The bad guy captures the jar, and while using a laser to cut it in a laboratory, gets some of the liquid inside sprayed on himself.
- This liquid instantly mutates the bad guy into a monster with multiple eyes or one extra large eye in the middle of his forehead.