Might this be Wavelength (1983)...?
Two young lovers learn that a small group of child-like space aliens are marooned on Earth and are being held prisoner at a top secret military facility. The couple then decide to liberate the extraterrestrial castaways and help them make a rendezvous with a rescue ship sent from the alien home planet.
From a user review:
Low budget "E-T" like movie even though it was written years before the film "E-T" was even in production the movie "Wavelength" has to do with a trio of captured aliens who's space craft was blown out of the sky over the Mojave Desert by a super secret US military laser device. The three alien spacemen, named by the scientists and military who are examining of them, Gamma Beta & Delta, Dov Young Josh Oreck & Christian Morris, are put on ice in a secret military installation, that been out of operation since the end of WWII,in the Hollywood Hills.
It's when the ultra sensitive to both whale dolphin and alien brainwaves Iris Longacer, Cherie Corrie, picks up the alien spacemen, who look like pre-teenage boys, cries for help that she gets her boyfriend down in the dumps rock guitarist Bobby Sinclair, Robert Carradine, to help her find them. It takes a while but with the help of desert prospector and former military construction contractor Dan, Keean Wynn, the aliens are tracked down to the long abandoned military installation that the US military is keeping them locked up, in cold storage, in.
- A film from the early '80s.
- An alien spaceship has crashed on Earth.
- The aliens are small, resembling bald, human children.
- They spend a good chunk of the movie in cryogenic stasis pods.
- A young couple attempts to free them.
What doesn't match:
- The aliens aren't shown to be frozen in the walls of the spacecraft, but are put into stasis after being discovered by the government and taken to a secret facility.
The whole film is up on YouTube, but this trailer covers most of the relevant points.