I've been trying to find an old movie I saw in the past and hoping someone here might know it. Following the helpful "how to ask a good question" meta post:
- Detail. The story follows two young children who become aware of something otherworldly in their village. It turns out that the thing is an alien whose ship has crashed somewhere, and it is trying to find something (I don't remember what) to get its ship flying again.
- What is it? A movie that, from memory, was in black & white; Sci-Fi with possible light horror.
- When was it? I saw it in the UK back during the late 1980s or very early 1990s on TV, however, even then it felt like an old movie, so I suspect the movie itself is quite a bit older.
- What was memorable about it? A few memories:
- The children were a boy and a girl. I believe the girl was played by a male actor.
- I have a memory of the children walking down a street past houses that looked like old thatched houses in an old UK village.
- Several scenes in the ruins of a church; the alien appeared as a flickering foggy light, about man sized but no real detail.
- I don't think we see the alien or its spaceship in any real depth; the flickering foggy light was about the majority of what we see.
- The movie itself didn't explain the alien and its situation particularly well.
- What did it look like? My memory is of a black and white movie; I remember it was likely a UK-filmed movie but of course that might be an inaccurate memory. Saw it on TV, perhaps on Channel 4?
Apologies for the lack of detail above - if anyone knows what movie this is, I'd be so delighted to finally know! I'd love to watch it again as I have no memory of how it ended.