Looking for a Harry Potter fan fiction that contains the following elements:
- Harry was abused/mistreated so he runs away
- I believe this was pre-Hogwarts
- Harry keeps his identity a secret, either through glamor, goblin help, or metamorphagus powers
- Harry gets a job brewing and learning potions at Diagon Alley in a potion store/apothecary
- Harry lives at the potion store with the owner. The owner teaches him, and Harry helps brew for the store
- Harry has nightmares while living there
- Snape goes to visit his friend, the store owner, who has more free time with Harry helping
- The store owner seeks Snape's help to help Harry (identity not known)
- Snape and Harry bond
- Harry leaves secretly before his Hogwarts letter would come, Snape is sad
- Harry goes to Hogwarts but does not reveal himself to Snape
- At Hogwarts, Harry sends and receives letters from the store owner and Snape while still keeping his identity a secret.
- Snape thinks Harry is bad at portions because he tries to experiment like they did over the summer but the potions fail/don’t look like what they were making. Harry is confused why Snape is mad about failed experimentation.
I do not remember what happens after this part. I do not believe the story was completed.