So what I remember from the book is.
- The Aliens specifically didn't use weapons to attack earth, they used some kind of mind control weapon that only affected people who had passed through puberty.
- The Main character formerly lived in a small town, was very smart, wanted to get into MIT, and played soccer with big mechs. He was apparently a good soccer player. At the beginning of the book, it is said that his math teacher likes to give the students difficult tests after a winning soccer game. He and his teammates win a soccer game at the beginning of the book.
- He is then kidnapped by a stocky boy and a thin girl, both of whom are described as very pale. They put him into a milk truck.
- They pilot some kind of huge insect-mech hybrids. I remember their being mention that the thin-girl's mech was a dragon fly, the stocky boy used a beetle, and the main character, (I believe his name is Ethan), piloted a wasp that he originally thought was an ant.
- The rebel forces live in a massive underground complex, as all the adults can't go outside or they'll be mind controlled and reveal the location of the rebel base.
- The thin girl and stocky boy used to have a third partner, but he went through puberty and betrayed the team in the middle of a mission when he was controlled by the mind-beam.
- The main character has a sister, whose name i believe starts with an e and i believe is emma. The sister is graduating before the main character, and was originally going to take a train. The train tracks were guarded by ant-lion artillery, but the main character stopped it from happening. Then the aliens planned to use a blimp, but an all out-attack on the blimp was staged and they destroyed it.
Any help is appreciated!