This movie has plagued my mind ever since I’ve seen it. I’ve racked my brain for years trying to remember what it was called.
- What Is It: 2D Animated Movie
- What It Is Not: A Bug’s Life or Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants. It is also not any 3D bug movie. I don’t think it’s any anime either, because it was in English and the mouth movement matched up pretty well
- What Made It Memorable: A scene where a ladybug is trying to feed her grub child by saying their food is good, then it ends up eating all the food and the grub cries.
- When Did I See It: I was young, but not too young as to not forget about it, so probably like 2008-2010
- How Old Was It: I remember this one scene near the end featuring a live action woman, and the effect of putting the woman in with the animation was quite dated, so probably an older film.
- Part Of A Series: I don’t think so.
- Plot: A group of bugs led by a blue bug of some type (don’t remember which bug it was) has to save their home? from an evil swamp creature or something.
- The blue bug played some kind of instrument through out the film.
- The above mentioned “ladybug eats all of baby’s food” scene
- A scene near the end where the blue bug is separated from the group after fighting with the villain I suppose, he’s on a boat in a lake surrounded by possibly sharp vines. I think it was supposed to be a sacrifice or something. Then a live action woman illuminated by light appeared before him and told him to play his instrument, and then I guess he broke out of the thorn lake area
- The villain in his lair, a rotten tree stump, screaming in pain as he dies from something, don’t remember what. His little sidekick is then happy and quickly leaves(?)
If anyone could find this thing I’d be so happy. Years of wondering would finally be over.