Has any Fantastic Beasts character ever been mentioned in the Harry Potter movies? (Besides Newt, the Dumbledores and Grindelwald)
Characters You Didn't Mention
- Nagini (a Maledictus in Fantastic Beasts -- a snake in Harry Potter)
- Nicolas Flamel (creator of the sorcerer's stone in both, but only appears as a name in Harry Potter)
- Minerva McGonagall (student in Fantastic Beasts -- Professor at Hogwarts in Harry Potter)
Ones That You Mentioned
- Albus Dumbledore (teaches Defense Against Dark Arts in Fantastic Beasts -- Headmaster of Hogwarts in Harry Potter)
- Aberforth Dumbledore (younger brother of Albus, tavern keeper of the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade)
- Arianna Dumbledore (younger sister of Albus and Aberforth -- dead in both)
- Gellert Grindelwald (1st place Dark wizard in Fantastic beasts -- 2nd place Dark wizard in Harry Potter )
- Newt Scamander (one of the main characters going against Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts -- author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in Harry Potter)
Taking into account all three Fantastic Beasts films, 7 of the named characters pre-exist the films;
- Newt Scamander - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Prof. Albus Dumbledore - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Prof. Minerva McGonagoll - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Gellert Grindelwald - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Nicholas Flamel - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Aberforth Dumbledore - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Nagini - First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Newt doesn't appear in the respective film of the same name, but he does makes a cameo appearance in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on the Marauder's Map.
- Prof. Dumbledore, McGonagoll, Grindlewald, Flamel
These characters are mentioned by name in the opening acts of the first film
Dumbledore: I should have known that you would be here...Professor McGonagall.
Ron: 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark" Wizard Grindelwald in 1945–'
Harry: Go on.
Ron: '-for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!'
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Dumbledore's brother doesn't get a mention in the films until Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix where he is shown in a group picture of the titular order.
Seen in the opening scene of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire