I read this book around five to six years ago; the publishing date was probably a few years before that. I remember the cover had a tree with a lion.
What I remember:
- (As said above) the cover has a lion
- There were either six or eight teenagers (an even number)
- The disease turns people into silver
- The main character . . .
gets the disease
- The cure is . . .
wasp stings or some kind of sting
- Book set in a desert
- Disease transmitted through touch
- After getting the disease, I think it begins to itch. Once you become 100% silver, you go crazy and try to infect others
- Turns skin silver
Also, this book is like Silver by Christ Wooding, but it is not Silver.
Is there any book that matches this description?