Would it be possible to 'take' away someone's magic? I don't mean (temporarily) 'losing' it by stress or trauma but it being taken away by someone with that specific intent.
For example it's certainly possible to mess around with emotions and the mental state of witches and wizards. The following examples come to mind:
- Imperius Curse - Take full control of witch/wizard
- Obliviate - Erase memories
- Amortentia - 'Love potion'
- Veritaserum - 'Truth potion'
- Legilimency - 'Mind reading'
- Pensieve - 'Siphoning memories'
And probably many more I can't think of right now.
Potions are generally 'limited-time' use, while spells can have permanent effects. Has there ever been a case where someones magic is taken away (in the literal sense) by either spell/potion. And if not, do you think it would be possible to do so?
I'd wager Voldemort could possibly figure this out but his solution was to simply Avada Kedavra everyone =/