Been driving myself crazy trying to remember the name of this book; basically, an old man (a caretaker, I think) finds a brood of eggs on an island resort. The eggs hatch a bunch of nasty, telepathic aliens that have their fun torturing the elderly people at the resort. I remember it being British and released sometime in the 70s or 80s.
It had a transgressive bent, from what I can recall.
Some basic information:
- It's a book.
- The author, and all of the human characters, are British.
- It was published sometime in the 70s or 80s; maybe the 90s.
- The cover features a grotesque-looking alien.
- The aliens are sadistic and torture people for sexual pleasure.
- It's set on a tropical island; specifically, a resort.
- I believe the title starts with "The", followed by the name of the aliens. It was some sort of nonsense-sounding word.
- I believe it was only published as a paperback.