My question is simple - assuming today's technologies and possibilities, what could be the best setup to build such intelligent system? Could today's intelligent systems such as Siri, or Google's voice controlled search be the ancestors for a complex AI system, or are there other, less known projects, that are trying to build an intelligent system?
What would be the main goals for creating such system (this could help in choosing the technologies)? I came up quickly with these basics:
- voice communication (with some kind of personality, capable of politeness and sarcasm) - already accomplished with e.g. Siri
- remote communication (e.g. with Iron Man suit)
- a central server(s) - is this known, where was Iron Man's Jarivs server? (Latest Avengers movie could point to Stark's skyscraper)
- ability to control other devices connected to Jarvis remotely (e.g. energy transportation between suit repulsors, or some things in Stark's buildings - these are actually just basic interfaces)
- ability to identify dangerous decisions of a user and warn him/her (I'm not an AI problematic expert, but I guess this is something common AI programmers deal with)
Others..? I only know Iron Man from the movies, are there any indices in the comic books about Jarvis technologies?
I'm sorry if this question is not very constructive, but once I read a discussion about how could Skynet be programmed in NodeJS, and this started bugging my mind :)