I'm reading the X-Wing series of Star Wars books, and trying to see if I need to cover any other EU material before/between/after those books, to go in correct "mentioned in" order.
Are there any sequels or prequels of those books (which aren't part of the series)?
By a "sequel" I mean something that is probably different from usual meaning. Specifically, a book that:
- Takes place after a book in-universe (but not necessarily right after).
- Significant references are made to the events of the first book; or a dependency on a backstory detailed in that book.
I know that such links DO exist, because Book 7 ("Solo Command") at the very end indicated that "Courtship of Princess Leia" is a direct sequel to it. But I'm not sure if any other books have similar links to the rest of EU.
I also vaguely recall Kyp Durron books (in the Imperial designer of Sun Crusher storyline) possibly referring back to X-Wing events when discussing Wedge Antilles and possibly Corran Horn, but it's been years since I read them so that one's hazy. Another possible hit (in the prequel direction) is the fact that some X-Wing books mentioned Bakura events. Also, some Zahn book covered Baron Fel's clones.
- Any EU material is in scope, not only books.
- The granularity of the question is 1 book (e.g. I'm looking for links to specific books within a series, NOT necessarily to a series as a block)
- I'm not interested in transitive material (e.g. a direct sequel of a direct sequel doesn't matter) - my main purpose in asking this question is to establish reading order of books in X-Wing series relative to the rest of EU.
- I'm only interested in significant and important dependencies. E.g. some book merely mentioning the fact that yes, Rogue Squadron existed and was led by Antilles (as some NJO books do), or that Corran Horn was an X-Wing pilot, doesn't fall in scope. As a corollary, any answer listing a work as a sequel/prequel should explain specifically which plot details constitute the link.
Of special interest is a particular possible prequel: I'd love to know if any EU book covered the pre-X-Wing-series relationship between Wedge Antilles and Baron Fel.