Key facts about the movie:
- Late 80's to mid 90's. I think I watched it about 20 years ago around 1995 +/- 5 years.
- Either involved cryo-sleep or virtual reality sequences where the crewmembers lived out their fantasies and ended up getting killed during these sequences.
- These sequences included one in the wild west and one on a beach somewhere
- Cheesy and certainly not big budget. Possibly direct video.
- Lots of nudity, either a showerscene or bathtub or something similar. I would guess this means the movie has an age restriction but was certainly not a softcore movie.
- The crew were either prisoners or perhaps soldiers. These VR sequences where to either pass the time due to a long space flight or got injected into their cryopods by a killer/evil AI (think HAL).
- A gunfight with lasers towards the start of the movie.
- The name of the movie was possibly one word
I have gone through the entire list of sci-fi movies on imdb for the 80's and 90's and still didn't find it so it has to be pretty obscure. Thanks for any help, I never saw the end of the movie and I think about it every few years or so.