It all comes down to pure speculation, but for the sake of it one can look at the points. They all can of course be inspiration. To more clearly point out some of the differences and likenesses: (Yes, this could be much deeper)
- >Dr. Hiroshi Hatake and other 500 immortals have the Silver eyes.<
- Vampires has good night vision and some have hypnotic powers, but their eyes are rather black due to dilated pupils. The Ilarians have not, at least from what I recall, any advantages with their shiny eyes. The light sensitivity is somewhat vampyrish though.
- >Dr. Hiroshi Hatake and other 500 Immortals have physical strength.<
- But not extra/super strength. (Unless I've missed something?) Though, of course, if one train martial arts for a couple of hundred years one are likely to gain some strength and skills.
- >Constance Sutton is seen grinding down her teeth.<
- Weird one. Perhaps some shark or beaver genome ;)
- >Some of the immortals have gothic and Medieval names like Constance.<
- As they have lived for centuries it is natural. Constance is also still in use ...
- >Dr. Julia Walker blood could heal others very fast.<
- Not her blood but her spinal fluid.
- >Dr. Sarah Jordan became Silver eyed after using Dr. Julia Walker blood.<
- Again spinal fluid, not blood. They perform a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) on Julia and Sarah receives a cerebrospinal fluid infusion. The vectors get abdominal injection from some RNA protein magic.
- >Also, they have something they call the Board.<
- An organization like Ilaria is likely to have a board ... :)
... and they do not drink blood, (at least not yet), or have shown other abnormal needs when it comes to nutrition.
- >Dr. Peter Farragut got superhuman physical strength after infection.<
- Normal zombies does not have superhuman strength. Zombies are rather motivated/task oriented, does not feel pain, attack in hordes, etc. which all accumulates to strength in its own way, but not heightened physical strength. In Helix the vectors has heightened senses, functional cardiovascular system, and Peter even show signs of being a stalker (Picture wall of Julia in air shafts).
- >They hunt others.<
- As a part of an evolved virus. They do not hunt for food, but to spread the infection. Zombies wants meat and has no thought for growing in numbers. Though end-result is the same.
- >They have horde mind.<
- They also have a very heightened need to protect each other, unlike zombies . They also seem to have some sort of leader trough Peter.
- >They could infect others by passing their spits aka black goo (It's like biting in other zombie stories).<
- This is to spread the virus. Zombies bite to eat, not (consciously) to spread virus, though again: end-result is somewhat the same.
- >They are ugly.<
- That's rather judgmental, huh? :)
... Peter gets cured ergo he is not dead, or put another way: cured zombies?
The virus is somewhat like furious rabies. Peter seems to have hydrophobia in the opening scene. Vectors show aggression, (have a compulsion to spread the virus,) etc.
To quote wikipedia:
Hydrophobia ("fear of water"), is the historic name for Rabies. It refers to a set of symptoms in the later stages of an infection in which the victim has difficulty swallowing, shows panic when presented with liquids to drink, and can't quench its thirst. Saliva production is greatly increased, and attempts to drink, or even the intention or suggestion of drinking may cause excruciatingly painful spasms of the muscles in the throat and larynx.
Sounds familiar? (Though in this case it would be an even more extreme variant.)
As zombie virus sometimes are compared to some sort of mutated rabies this is a likeness.
All over all
Get what you mean. The zombie factor crossed my mind as well at an early stage, though not the vampire one. Then again I put it aside as there are so many other possibilities.