I remember reading a short sci-fi story, perhaps 50 pages or so long, whose name I don't recall.
The details of the story are:
- It is about a world with multiple suns that keep the planet in perpetual light.
- When they're later eclipsed (by another planet?) from all their suns, they all go mad from the darkness and burn the city to the ground.
- I remember them making a big point about millions of stars being visible in the darkness
- There are a lot of references to gravitational theory
- And there was something about a war between astronomers and a religion
- I also remember that the people had quite odd names, too, but I can't remember what specifically was odd about them.
Any ideas what this was? I'd very much like to read it again.