When I was a kid(early 1990s), I read a graphic novel from the local library that I have been unable to find or identify.
Here are the clues:
- It's from the 1970s or 1980s, from what I remember of the art style.
- It felt like one of those strange sci-fi / fantasy mixes that were common in the 70s.
- It was black and white.
- The main character's soul becomes detached from his body and takes the form of a giant(human-sized) earthworm.
- The earthworm goes off and does its own thing. Our hero sometimes sees the earthworm in the distance, and at some point goes hunting for the thing, through forests and wastelands.
- The earthworm-soul thing was only ONE part of the comic's storyline. There was other stuff, but for the life of me, I can't remember what.