I read this book around 2009, I borrowed it from a library and I can't remember the title or author.
- It was a small blue book.
- I remember that the author was Scandinavian (possibly German)
- It was like a handbook or guide for space travel and was set in the future.
- There were lots of small stories told about experiences in space.
- One story was about a writer who was explaining that his occupation was futile as all the possible combinations of letters and words had already been published.
- Another told of how people leaving for space were allowed a small number of glass containers to fill as memories of Earth, you could bring anything you wanted but it had to fit in these containers. Examples were given of things that people brought, the one that stuck with me was someone that sat in their garden and watched the sunset with one of their containers and so they brought the sunset with them to space.
If anyone can help me out with this I would be so grateful!