There have been many, many good questions regarding viewing order in Star Trek, largely involving the whole series, but sometimes involving a single series.
In this case I'm looking at TNG episodes. Recently I've started watching the series anew, and have been greatly enjoying some of the old classics.
I've been skipping some of Season 1, due to several suggestions from other viewing-order questions, but I'm also aware that some of the elements I most want to see are in those seasons, and I do not want to miss them.
I would still like to see:
- Any episode that gets referenced later, in this series or in ones to come after, I do not want to miss any ongoing plot.
- Anything involving an ongoing plot, like the Borg invasion, I want to make sure I see.
- Any Ferengi episode I do not want to miss, because I'm especially curious about their 'evolution' in Star Trek.
- Q episodes (Yes even Q-Pid)
- Major series-impacting episodes (characters leaving/coming on)
What episodes do I need to see to avoid missing all of the above desired elements?