When I was an elementary school student back in the late 80's through early 90's, I was forced to read some books as vacation assignments.
There are some books which I still remember I liked, but I cannot remember the titles. Among them is this book. I tried many Q&A sites to find out the title such as Amazon's discussion board, but in vain. It was so long time ago, so what I am saying hereafter could not be 100% accurate.
- I cannot remember the author's name but the author was a foreigner (probably a westerner), and I read a Korean version (translated into Korean).
- The book was probably intended for children, not adults.
- A robot or computer suddenly became self-aware by an accident. I think the robot's name was Alex.
- The robot kept saying "I am Alex; I am a person." (since I read a translated version, the phrase could be different in the original text)
- Somehow the robot was contacted by a boy through network.
- The robot took some special kind of card as an input method, I think.
Any hints will be appreciated.