I'm trying to track down a movie I remember from my youth. The movie was live-action, color, and would have been from the late 70's or 80's. The plot centers around two humanoid robots, a "male" and "female", who escape from a robot factory and are on the run from a tank-like military robot who is chasing them. The memories are vague, but here's what I recall:
- The military robot sounds a lot like Robbie the Robot or B-9 from Lost in Space.
- The male robot is designed to look like he's wearing a business suit.
- The female robot is designed to look like she's wearing a dress.
- At some point they end up in a junkyard and build a "baby" robot.
- At some point, the pair is helped by a human couple.
- There are two bumbling guys from the robot factory who are trying to find the robots before the military 'bot destroys them.
- At one point, the robots are hiding out at a cocktail party or some other gathering of people in futuristic clothing. The military robot shows up and wrecks the place.
That's about all I can recall, but I've had no luck finding it through google searches so far. There have been so many other movies with similar concepts, it's a little saturated with false positives.