I read this book a while ago in school (early 2000's I think) but I cannot find it again as I have forgotten the title. I will summarize it as well as I can from my memory of it:
- Main character is a male
- He is part of a unit (possibly military?) that has powered armour. The armour completely covers them and is solid black. Think there were lights on the shoulder as well as interchangeable weapons on the arms. Kind of like the Halo Mjolnir armour but is more form fitting and smooth on the outside, and solid black coloured.
- There is a manual release inside the helmet that opens it up when the batteries are damaged/depleted that is worked by the person's tongue. This is the part I remember the most because the main character has to use this release after he gets attacked while in one of the pyramids of Giza. He starts to panic when he realizes that the suit has no power but then he remembers about the manual release and he has to feel around and find the release with his tongue.
- The antagonists are aliens and a portion of the book takes place in a pyramid of Giza.
- Somewhere in the book they go to the source of the Nile river by going submerged in their powered armour. The source of the Nile was either the pyramids at Giza or was otherwise a major factor in the plot.
- There may have been a portion of the book where combat took place in space in their armour suits but I might be completely wrong about this.
I have tried to find this book many other times through Google but all the keywords I can remember are pretty generic and shared between a LOT of books.