When I was wee I would read books by pile and a specific story came to mind and I wish to identify it. I have lots of the premise in mind but weak google-fu.
- A man awakens from cryogenic sleep in a world where each individual has a very limited living area.
- Over population is a major problem in this future society and there are even games were individual go through deadly obstacle courses in order to gain more living space.
- In this world there is a wall that separates the planet itself.
- About half the world belongs some other faction and it is unknown to this society what is behind that wall.
- Here it's a bit fuzzy but there is some kind of ministerial department who's job is to put great minds at work in order to bring down said wall so that they can continue building on.
- I also remember a detail about a simple common dog being worthy of a place in a zoo.
- No other animal life left in this society.
I don't remember much else but I remember enjoying it. No clue of origin or author or era it was written, surely post war.
Anyone know of this?