- the most recent and notable one being Ser Arthur Dayne.
The Sword of the Morning then also becomes the worthy wielder of Dawn
- the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne.
Who is the most likely candidate for Sword of the Morning?✪
The person must be:
- A great Knight
- Of House Dayne
- Let's say brave, honourable and skilled
- Not necessarily the Lord or heir
✪ This question has no canon answer at this point, but given the criteria, we can at least narrow the candidates down using canonically sourced attributes.
1. From an interview with G.R.R.M.
asked about the Daynes and the Sword of the Morning, asking how that title is decided. George said the Sword of the Morning is always a member of House Dayne, someone who is deemed worthy of wielding Dawn as decided within the House, that whoever it is would have to earn the right to wield it.