Military craft are named, especially the bigger craft. In Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. has a Helicarrier, but I don't recall it ever being referred to by name.
Does the Helicarrier have a name, and if so, what is it?
From the MCU Wiki:
The known Helicarrier designations were, Helicarrier No. 64 (the original Helicarrier), what were called the Insight Project Helicarriers: Helicarrier IN-01, Helicarrier IN-02, Helicarrier IN-03
Perhaps the designation for the original helicarrier is a design number, or in some way related to a military ship numerical designation. No name is currently known to be associated with the first helicarrier design.
From the Canon Marvel Universe, Earth-616:
First appearing in Strange Tales #135 (August, 1965), the Earth-616 S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarriers were constructed in secret. There are at least nine Helicarriers which have been built over the decades, and at least two have been in simultaneous service in the last decade on several occasions. Also, at least seven Helicarriers have been named over the years:
- Luxor (not yet seen - a class prototype)
- Behemoth (smaller version used by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Godzilla Squad)
- Hermes (allegedly scuttled after being hijacked by the Red Skull)
- Argus (a Luxor-class Helicarrier)
- Black Hawk (destroyed in action against the Hydra-Hand alliance)
- Pericles V (infiltrated by the vampiric Order of Tyrana and scuttled by Blade)
- Iliad (currently in use)