Searching for SF book read in youth (80s)
- Time travellers go to cryo-sleep in mountain crypt, perhaps to avoid fallout from nuclear war?
- Wake up to find Earth much changed. Ruled by theocracies?
- Heros participate in robot versus human gladiator battle
- End up with two heros, controlling large humanoid robots used in religious parades, battle on the streets of a city
- Recall one of the robots was a 100 foot jesus which had hundreds of bread loaves in its arm that shot out its hand a la miracle of loaves. Difficult image to forget, haha.