The opening credits for "Misfits" are quite clever (and can be viewed here) and contain a few clues to mysteries that unravel over the course of the first series (for that reason I am using some spoiler tags). In the first group shot, some of the shadows display their powers:
- Simon can turn invisible
- Kelly can hear thoughts, or "see" into people's minds
- Nathan is immortal and dies a lot
Then in the second half of the opening credits, all 5 cast members are spotlighted, with video footage of them alongside animation approximating their powers.
- Curtis' shadow lags behind him as if he's time traveling
- Simon's shadow disappears
- Kelly and Alisha have radar coming towards and away from them, which I can stretch to fit with their powers of telepathy and skin-contact-induced hypersexuality
But Nathan's is a wolf. A wolf appears behind him.
Nathan's power is a mystery throughout the first season, and we're led to believe he does not have a power. The only clue to his power is this wolf thing in the opening credits, and I was surprised when his power was revealed in the first series finale and it had nothing to do with wolves.
Why is this? Does the wolf symbolize something?