I just watched the movie "Project Almanac." I kind of understood everything, I guess as much as a person can understand a time travel movie...until the end.
David destroys the Circuit, clear box, cube, or whatever you want to call it, ten years in the past. That box was the key to the time travel machine.
As a result David zaps ten years forward to the moment he and his sister are digging through the attic looking for something David can use for a project to get a scholarship to MIT.
Why would he go to that moment?
But the more confusing part is that if that timeline just gets destroyed and David ends up zapping ahead to 2015, why are there two video cameras there?
Why wouldn't the video camera he brought ten years in the past never exist just like the version of himself that brought the camera never existed? Even Star Trek is more consistent than that and comes up with a temporal distortion, subspace field, or something to explain a situation like this.
Is the implication that they are going to build a time machine again? I think it is. How can they build it without the clear box?
I really don't understand the two camera's part.
I really want to understand the last three minutes of the movie (before the closing credits).
Edit 7/16/15: Since there is some confusion as to what we actually see occur on camera at the end of the movie, here is what happens:
1) David takes off his backpack and sets in on the floor.
2) David unzips his backpack.
3) David is holding a single cube that he sets into a metal trashcan.
4) David is sitting on a table, now his backpack is on the table to the right of him, he throws a match in the metal trashcan.
5) As the trashcans flames go up, it starts to show everything that they did being undone.
6) As that goes on David starts to flicker.
7) The backpack is no longer on the table but David still is.
8) It shows more footage of things being undone and David flickers more.
9) There's an empty table no David, no Backpack, no Camera, nothing.
10) Beginning of the movie except two cameras now in the attic.
At least that's what I just saw and I watched that scene at least five times. I'm not sure if the backpack disappearing before david is simply an error in the footage. I don't know if he burns one cube, both cubes, or which cube. He does bend down to get the cube, so one would think it's the one from his backpack on the ground, but it could be the one from the floor, or him placing the second one in, and we just don't get to see the other cube being placed in the trash can.