In Revenge of the Fallen, there's a scene where several Decepticons dive into the Laurentian Abyss to resurrect Megatron.
The US Navy detects 5 bogeys. Those 5 revive Megatron, but in the process destroy another Decepticon for parts, so the total number should stay five.
But on the way up, the Navy verbally updates their bogey count to six.
What's happening here? Am I missing something? Or is this an editing error?
I can't catch the details when I watch it. But the equation should be 5 - 1 + 1 = 5 Decepticons.
- What do you got?
- SU pulled five contacts at 5,000 feet, diving fast. Never seen anything dive that deep that fast.
- Man battle stations.
- Chief of the watch, man battle stations! Helm, left full rudder, all ahead two-thirds.
- Left full rudder, two-thirds.
- Dive, go deep.
- The nets protecting NBE One are screaming, sir.
- That is 9,300 fathoms down. And no confirmed DSRVs on site?
- None, sir.
- Then, people, we've got a problem!
- Need parts! Kill the little one! The shard make Energon!
- Conn, Sonar. Now hold six contacts, and they're coming up fast!
- Sound collision alarm.
- Left hard rudder. Five hundred feet. Angel Six, we got six hostiles coming up.
The copy of the script I found here is accurate, but doesn't include who is speaking. However, I think it's mostly obvious.