A series of vessels (or "starships") created by Starfleet between the 22nd and 26th centuries, with registries NX-01, NCC-1701, and NCC-1701-(A-J). They appear in three of the Star Trek television series and in every Star Trek film. Use this tag when asking about the ship itself.
USS Enterprise is the name given to a particularly distinguished series of Starfleet vessels constructed by the United Earth Space Probe Agency — later known as "Starfleet" — between the 22nd Century and (at least) the 26th Century. These ships and their legacies dominate the Star Trek television series and films.
Use this tag for questions regarding these vessels.
Specifically, the ships are:
- Enterprise (NX-01), while not bearing the "USS" prefix, appears throughout the eponymous series, Star Trek: Enterprise star-trek-enterprise.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) appears throughout The Original Series star-trek-tos and the first three films featuring its cast: The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan, and The Search for Spock.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) appears in the last three films featuring the original cast: The Voyage Home, The Final Frontier, and The Undiscovered Country.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) appears in Star Trek: Generations.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-C) appears in the Star Trek: The Next Generation star-trek-tng episode "Yesterday's Enterprise".
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) appears in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Generations.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E) appears in three of the films that feature the Next Generation cast: First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) appears in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Azati Prime".
The NX-01 was commissioned and was active in the 22nd Century, around the time of the founding of the Federation and the transition of the United Earth Space Probe Agency into Starfleet. The NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-A were 23rd Century vessels that played significant roles in the expansion of the Federation and the affairs of the Alpha Quadrant in that century, including the end of hostilities with the Klingon Empire. The B was commissioned near to the end of the 23rd Century and (likely) saw service well into the 24th. The C, D, and E were all constructed in the 24 Century — the D was especially distinguished. The J is a 26th Century Starfleet vessel that exists in at least one timeline.