Check out my coverage of the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration in Las Vegas for SciFi StackExchange!
"There's a science fiction in the space between you and me."
Tracy Chapman, "Telling Stories"
- Born and raised in the UK, living in Canada these days
- Ardent supporter of the Oxford comma
Me and Sci-Fi
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- The X-Files
- The Matrix
- Babylon 5
- Doctor Who
- The Terminator and Terminator 2
- Nowhere Man (does anyone else like this?)
- Twin Peaks (anything by Lynch, actually)
- David Cronenberg's films
- Lots of other stuff
- The JJ Abrams Star Trek films (
although I am quite hopeful about The Force Awakens)
- The Star Wars prequel trilogy and George Lucas' "touch-ups" to the original trilogy
- New Terminator films (they should have quit while they were ahead)
Me and Star Trek
I've watched every episode of Star Trek (including the animated series) and have watched every film. I grew up watching TNG when it was still on the air. I have also read plenty of Star Trek novels and comics. I have a penchant for non-standard Starfleet insignia (e.g. insignia appearing in alternate realities or timelines).
The best gift I ever received was the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual by Okuda and Sternbach (the year it was published).
I feel that Star Trek played a large role in inspiring me toward a career in science, even if a lot of Trek science is just technobabble.
Me and You
I have a lot of questions and maybe even some answers to give. I hope to learn new things and to be a productive member of this community.
Member for 6 years, 3 months
5,692 profile views
Last seen 2 hours ago