This question already has an answer here:
- Are Hogwarts portraits able to learn/respond to novel stimuli? [duplicate] 1 answer
- How sentient were the magical portraits in Harry Potter? [duplicate]
- Is there any info about how the paintings function? [duplicate] 2 answers
- What causes the portraits of Wizards to behave interactively? 3 answers
- Why could the pictures and paintings in Hogwarts talk and the photos of Harry's parents couldn't? 3 answers
Do the magical portraits, like the ones of the headmasters of Hogwarts, still have all their memories?
Hypothetical example: If Harry's parents were on a portrait, would they just love Harry and be good parents for him to have a nice talk with OR would they be able to tell him it wasn't Sirius who betrayed them but Peter Pettigrew?