In the various incarnations of Star Trek across the decades, there have been some important characters who are half-human, one of their parents being an alien:
- Mr Spock, from TOS, is half-human and half-Vulcan
- Deanna Troi, from TNG, is half human and half-Betazoid
Which got me wondering: how many such pairings are possible in the Star Trek universe?
How many alien species are known to be compatible with humans?
For the pedants and nitpickers:
- "are known to be compatible" means "have produced offspring at least once"
- this is about reproductive, not sexual, compatibility: if Kirk had sex with an alien, it's not enough to qualify that species unless she bore him a child
- yes, this is a list question, but it's a finite and clearly scoped one.