I’m looking for a fanfic I must have read pre 2013, it’s a long one and is probably is part of a series. I’ll do my best to recall details, I think the vets I remember are likely split over two parts or a sequel.
Setting: preparing to kill Voldemort (I think post Order of the Phoenix, without horcruxes). Sticking quite close to cannon in terms of characters.
A big focus on power of love magic and wandless/wordless magic. There was a test that Kingsley would cast in DADA (believe he was the teacher) that gave people a power score /100 on the strength of their wandless magic.
Harry is later a DADA professor and spends a fair bit of time in the staff room. And becomes quite good friends with Snape - not too sure about this
Harry bonds with Fawkes and they are companions and they communicate through thought. Vaguely think there was a quote like ‘Fawkes has a wicked sense of humour’
Harry later becomes Phoenix animagus
- Fawkes tries to teach him to sing Phoenix song
later in the story Luna also is able to become a Phoenix
Arthur runs for minister for magic. Voting happens through a tent with two channels and voters must cast a spell at an orb which gets brighter depending on the power of the caster
Luna (100/100 on the test) votes for Arthur her vote makes the orb extremely bright and he ends up minister for magic
Harry Ginny get married and have a child (think it was a boy James). They move into a cottage.
- Harry becomes a Goes out at night through the bedroom window to spend time as a Phoenix
- there was tension as Harry is essentially immortal
- they don’t use wands around their son to encourage him to use wandless magic
- Harry is getting him to name colours of wooden blocks and trying to get him to change their colours
- son makes a block turn ‘BLUE!’ With wandless magic