I remember reading this science fiction novel several years ago. Here's what I remember (or think I remember) about the story:
- Coded transmissions are intercepted right before assassinations are made
- Involved a linguist who was commissioned to decode the intercepted transmissions
- The linguist figures out that it's actually a language
- The language is so efficient that when the linguist begins thinking in the language, the world seems to slow down
- Space travel is a common thing
- I think an assassination may have been made or attempted against an ambassador
Other than those details, I really can't remember much about the novel except that I really enjoyed it. Does this ring a bell for anybody?