There's a book a read a few years ago which I can't remember the name for but can remember some of the plot.
- Human race has devices implanted in their head so they can share information and communicate through the device
- Because of this implant the majority of people don't learn how to speak (apart from small groups far from cities)
- An engineer is chosen to travel to a space station near Pluto, I think
- He has to have his implant removed for the journey, because of this he has to learn to speak for the first time
- This is where my memory starts to fail, I remember an AI computer on the space station, and the engineer discovers that the AI is broken or something
- The AI then tries to kill everyone on the station