I have only a few vague memories of this animation, but would like help identifying it:
- From 80's or earlier (watched when I was a child during late 80's or early 90's
- A person (human?) in the animation is travelling with a companion - the companion may be an animal with more than 4 legs (sapient?)? Said companion is lagging behind slightly and gets taken into ceiling by tentacles / taken into trees by vines? When person looks back, the companion is nowhere to be seen and they have to travel on, with no idea where they went. Sad.
- It is likely pure fantasy, as I seem to recall there being strange landscape, flora and fauna but no technology (may be wrong)
- There is death / violence (implicit, possibly explicit) and it was the first animation I saw of this nature, and I remember being shocked and saddened by the above mentioned scene.
That is all I have about the animation but it tugs on my nostalgia gene for some reason. I can say:
- It's not Ghibli
- It's likely not roto-scoped