25+ (or even 30+) years ago I saw an animation on TV. I would really love to watch it again, to finally understand what I already watched twice as a child.
I only remember the following:
- It took a long time. Not as short as a Tom & Jerry short animation. Pretty much like a full sized movie.
- I liked it, even though I did not understand anything of what they said (I might have seen it on a foreign channel).
- It was Chinese or Japanese, most likely. The kind of graphics leads me to that conclusion.
- I always believed that it represented the story of a fairy tale or of a legend. What was the actual story is what drives my curiosity now.
- I can only remember the following scene, at the end of the film: a beautiful white horse was running on some white natural scenery (fields, mountains...).
- It is possible that the horse was running allegorically through the air, the scenery was there as a background. Or through the afterlife world as well - this scene made me feel like there was some death involved..
- I associate the image of a girl to the running horse scene. Maybe the girl was somehow related to the horse in the movie, and they just parted at the end.
- The horse was running on the screen from my right-hand towards my left-hand. I am quite sure about it.
- The hair on the back of the neck of the horse was long and magnificent, waving (?) in the wind as he ran.
- The horse was quite likely to be male.
- I do not remember the horse to have has a horn on the forehead, or anywhere (so, most likely, not unicorn).
- In the last scenes there was only one girl, not two or more people. (if I am not wrong).
- The people looked more like Chinese / Japanese (or, generically, Asian), rather than European. Definitely not African or Intuits. Maybe closer to the truth: the way that people appear in Asian animations - but regular face and body characteristics - I mean, no big round mouths far on the cheek, under the ear.
Note: our TV at that time was B&W, so the white might have been not so white on a color TV. However, it was not anything dark enough to suggest other colors.
Another note: I cannot be at all sure that it was anime or manga, that is why I prefer to ask here.