Please help me identity this movie. Here are the details I remember.
- I watched this in early 2000’s as an adolescent.
- Scene of suburban U.S. where a female alien teleports into the town via portal on the street. Humans are familiar with this alien. She apparently is sick with a disease.
- The humans follow the alien to *wherever they go - very rocky, undeveloped terrain.
- The humans somehow contract the disease, possibly by touch.
- The disease makes them turn into a strange stone, and become part of the stone landscape of the alien world.
- Their skin looks like coral reef, or maybe with holes that would bother people with trypophobia.
- The people have a good relationship with the alien suffering from the disease, so turning into stone is emotional and sad.
This may have been a twilight zone, x files, or fringe type show, or a movie. I was quite disturbed by it as a child and now I would like to revisit those memories.